Craps is a two dice game in which players place bets on the outcome of the dice roll or several dice rolls. It’s a popular game from medieval times, and the online casino world has also started to provide opportunities to play craps. Although not as popular as blackjack or roulette, craps has its fan following in online casinos.
The game basically involves the shooter throwing the two dices on the table. Three scenarios could happen when the dice are rolled:
- If you roll 7 or 11, you win and get an additional chance to roll the dice. Please note that the first roll is called the come-out roll.
- If you roll 2,3, or 12, you will lose, but you will get the additional chance.
- If you roll any other number, your point is noted, and you are asked to roll again, and if you hit the same number again, you win.
Now, let us see the casino craps in a bit more detailed manner.
Types of Craps Online
Today, there are different versions of craps games you can play online. The game rules differ slightly from each other, although all of these belong to the craps family. The following are a few of the major free online craps variants.
Bank Craps: When you see craps online free, it is usually the bank craps, and it is the most common craps casino game. A unique game layout is used, and the player always makes his bets against the house. Chips or cash are placed on the table layout as per his or her betting preference.
Crapless Craps: It is a craps variant in which you never lose on the come-out roll. In other words, you won’t lose even if you roll a 2,3 or 12. This is one of the most popular free craps games played in informal settings, as there is no house-edge to lose in this game.
High Point Craps: In this variant, on the first roll, if the player gets 2 or 3, that is ignored, and the player gets the chance to roll again. Hitting 11 or 12 will automatically fetch you a win. If the player hits any other number, it is recorded, and he has to better that in the next roll.
Simplified Craps: As the name indicates, it is a very simplified version of the game. There is only a single roll, and hitting 2-4 or 10-12 will give you a win while hitting 7-9 will be counted as a loss.
Die Rich Craps: It is a variant of the craps casino game, in which only a single dice is used. A 6 will give you an instant win, and 1 will result in an instant loss. All other numbers are recorded, and you are given 3 more chances to hit that number again.
The variants of the game mentioned above are just the most popular ones. There are several other variants you can play online like New York Craps, Low Limit Craps, High Limit Craps, Scarney Craps, Open Craps, Street Craps, Bubble Craps, etc.
Tips to Play Craps Better
When you play free craps online, you will love to hit more wins than losses. The following are some of the most successful strategies used by craps players around the world.
- You need to learn the rules of the game before you start playing it. You won’t be able to enjoy the game if you don’t understand how it works.
- You need to understand the types of bets available and the game variant you are participating in.
- You need to set limits on the money you want to wager and need to keep a close tab on your spending.
Top Casinos to play Free Craps
It is not difficult to find an online casino where you can play craps for free. However, finding a good casino is significant as your gaming experience will depend on it to a great extent.
You may consider the following factors while choosing a casino for playing craps free.
- You need to choose a reputed casino with licenses from reputed gambling authorities.
- The casino must be legal in your country, and it should accept players from your country. If it accepts the currency of your country, it’ll be more beneficial.
- You can look for gambling sites that offer good bonuses and promotions.
- The customer support service of the casino must be responsive and accessible.